Fuji Transonic 1.1 Road Bike Frame – 2018
When it comes to a superior road bike, we all have wants and needs. Quite often, we temper our wants with reality and settle. After one look at the Fuji Transonic, you’ll realize it does not settle, and does not seem to be a part of this reality. Study after study has shown that aerodynamics are the single most important factor when it comes to unleashing a rider’s full potential. Those gains can come from a lot of places, like body position, deep section wheels, and helmets, but the frame is one of the most important places, which is why Fuji introduced the Transonic, which incorporates all the latest aerodynamic advances of the last few years into a single, race proven platform.
Constructed with Fuji’s ultra high-modulus C10 carbon fiber, the Transonic is designed with wider cross-sectional tubes and gradual transitions in the tube walls to allow for greater stiffness and rigidity. The headtube angle and fork offset were carefully chosen to ensure stable steering and confidence-inspiring handling. Lateral stiffness is created through asymmetrical Energy Transfer Chainstays, making the Transonic one of the stiffest, most aerodynamic frames on the market today.
The Transonic’s carbon monocoque fork allows for fast, responsive handling and a Press-Fit 30 bottom bracket is added for larger diameter, lighter, and stiffer alloy crank axles. Both frame and fork are designed to accept direct-mount front and rear brakes, providing better frame integration for improved aerodynamics and increased brake stiffness and control, as well as the added benefit of additional room for 28mm tires. Internal cable routing is included for mechanical and Di2 systems as well as an option for a di2 battery-compatible seatpost. Finally, an integrated chain watcher ensures smooth shifts without the risk of dropping the chain to the inside of the crank. When building a bike from the ground up, if fast and dependable is what you’re looking for, the Fuji Transonic 1.1 bike frame is the bike you need.
- Designed using Computational Fluid Dynamics in conjunction with wind-tunnel testing to create a class-leading aerodynamic frame.
- Direct-mount front and rear brakes remove the excess material of a carrier plate, allowing for better frame integration, improved aerodynamics and increased brake stiffness and control.
- Headtube angle and fork offset were carefully chosen to be within the optimal range of trail adjusted throughout the size range to ensure stable steering and confidence-inspiring handling.
- Asymmetrical, oversized Energy Transfer Chainstays (ETC) offset drivetrain-induced torque by maintaining lateral stiffness and displacing power more evenly through the frame.
- Internal cable routing for mechanical and Di2 systems including an internal Di2 battery integrated into the seat post.
- Integrated chain watcher ensures smooth shifts without the risk of dropping the chain to the inside of the crank.
Available in 49cm-61cm with free shipping to the store upon full payment